Christopher EscobarMiss Kim
English 10
1 October 2009
The background of Obama's speech ie he wants students to succeed and be able tohave a better future. His argument in this speech is he want students to set up their goals first about education so they can succeed moreand move on. This year he's expecting a lot of students to work harder and having them handle their own responsibilities.
President Obama cajoled to the students"if you quit on school-you're not just quiting on yourself, you're quiting on your country"(Obama 17). What he's saying to the students if they fail they should never give up on themselves. He's also persuding if they fail then they have to make a change in order to have a better grade. He's also presuading"What you're learning in school today will determine wheather we as a nation can meet our greatest challenges in the future"(Obama 15). He's persuading that if they succeed they can be able to have their dreams come true of what they want to be and have a harder challenge.
For me, Obama has a good ethos because now that I read this speech I'm going to set my goals and work even harder. He wants students to work harder so they can have a great education and a better future. Right now he wants the students to set their goals, then meet it, then set up another one. Now I know what I need to do in order to make my dreams come true. I believe that he's trustworthy to me because in the speech, he talked about his story that when he was a little kid, his father left him and his mom. And as a little kid his mother always has to push him to study for his test and help him study. What's also trustworthy, is now that he told the students to succeed and set their goals, more students in America will have a better chance to succeed in the future.
i like how you expressed your opinion. The topic is very original but you need to work on your grammer and puncuation
ReplyDelete1. I like how trying to sound convincing.
ReplyDelete2. I understand your argument but at the same time, it doesn't make any sense. Maybe the way you put your words together made the issue.
3. Also. try not to write in first person. Start using third person (he, she, it, they, etc).
4. And work on your grammer.
%. Overall, i like the essay!